Total Time: 30 minutes
Pasta salad with eggplant a cold pasta recipe with a favorite vegetable of summer.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 8 ounces short pasta
- 1 eggplant cut in small cubes (8 ounces)
- 4 tablespoon oil to fry eggplants
- 8 ounces tomatoes cut in cubes
- 8 ounces mozzarella cut in cubes
- 1/2 red onion thin sliced
- 4 ounces black pitted olives sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 basil leaves shredded
- salt and pepper
Cook pasta, drain and cool. Fry eggplant at medium high heat, about 5 minutes. Let it cool.
Then put all the ingredients in a large bowl, salt and add pepper. Mix well and let the pasta salad rest for at least 10 minutes for flavor to blend before serving.
Note: not necessary to use olive oil to fry eggplant. Use a good seed oil. You could also bake eggplant. Mix cubes with a little olive oil and put in a baking dish in the oven at 400F for about 20 minutes.
More pasta salad recipes